Thursday 15 April 2010

Friends and Lectures and Internship

Hey everyone.

My fresher uni life at University of Westminster is getting over. Only 1 week and my Chinese exam left. I just can't believe that all my PR friends were totally strangers a year ago. I feel like I've known them for AGES.

So today I had lectures for ALL DAY - (I hate Thursday!! lol). What we did was, setting up a PR event as the last assignment for one of modules called Understanding PR. We were divided into some groups and given different topics. We basically have to think how to promote some organisations/people in a PR sense and present it next week. I'm not really good at group work (although PR requires a lot of group work... oh well lol), but my group had some genius ideas - thanks to Ann, Amelia and Ainur for suggesting loads of ideas!! I'm gonna meet up people in my group next week again to do a bit more brainstorming.

Also another PR module called Digital PR, we had a guest lecturer, Sam Conniff from Livity PR. His talk was incredibly fun and enjoyable. Some of coursemates were already thinking of doing internship at his company so they got his contact details and stuff after the lecture. Oh yeah and I'm not sure if I've mentioned before or not, but we had a guest lecturer from one of PR agencies in London, Don't Panic for Digital PR other day and my coursemates, Beatrice and Hana (there is a link to her website on the right side) are now working for them (or doing internship? I'm not sure if they are paid or not). I mean, this is great, isn't it? We have a lot of guest lecturers and PR students can actually get work experience and jobs from them!! CONNECTIONS people. A sociologist said "It is sometimes important 'who' you know more than 'what' you know" (sorry I don't remember who said that but I'm sure I've learned it from A-level Sociology lol) and I strongly believe that is so true!!

So yeah that's basically what happened today in the uni. Oh and 2 more SURPRISING things happened to me.

1. My lecturer/tutor, Simon read my previous post about the interview here!! I shoulda written more about his AWESOMENESS!! LOL
2. My another lecturer, Trish postponed our deadline!! AWESOME!! LOL

So yeah, end of the year is always busy. I still need to work on some essays and stuff. It's quite depressing but uni is getting over and summer is coming soon! So I will try my BEST in 2010 to complete all my work soonish!!

See ya xx

No comments:

Post a Comment