Saturday 10 April 2010

Choice and Interview and Sick

Hey everyone.

It is just so depressing if you think Easter is getting over in 2 days, isn't it? I am waiting for the invention of the time-machine at the moment so that I can repeat it again and do NOT need to go back to my work LOL Oh well. So as I said before, I'm gonna talk about a little bit more about how I chose to study PR at University of Westminster and my interview.

I don't need to explain a lot about my choice actually. I gained lots of interests in seeking for campaigns in the world, like in the UK, the USA and Japan through my A-level Media Studies class. One of examples is Why So Serious? campaign from a film, Dark Knight. It inspired me a lot to study PR/marketing/advertising (although they are different, I thought all of them were same at the time lol). So I decided to study either one of the subjects in LONDON - 'cause I wanted to study in London LOL

Then I had my best mate Kris, he was doing PR at this uni while I was doing A-level at Bellerbys College in Cambridge. One day, he rang me telling about his uni life. My first impression was like, 'Wow!! Seriously?!' He told me that his lectures were really practical; the curriculum was well organised; there was no exam; most of his coursemates were FEMALE and; holidays were really long etc... Yep, when I heard all about it, I instantly decided to study at University of Westminster LOL

However, life was NOT as easy as all that. In order to study PR at this uni, I had to meet criteria which were;

  • Meet the requirement - more than 3Bs for A-level
  • Interview
...yeah... How depressing are they?! Ok, 3Bs. That's ok. But interview?! I was ridiculously nervous when I heard 'the I word' 'cause my English was not really good so I was very worried.

When the morning of the judgement day came, I felt so sick. I was very very very nervous. I got to the uni and had to wait for somebody taking us to a room for the interview. I felt so sick. I was waiting with people for like 15mins-ish, then my current tutor Simon Goldsworthy took us to the room. It was a group interview with 5-6 people. I was the only 1 guy and was also the only international student. I felt sick. He explained us about the course and how he would carry out the interview. I felt so sick. I sat down in front of him, then I realised that was the biggest mistake in my life. When the interview started, he ASKED ME FIRST EVERY SINGLE QUESTION! So I had NO TIME to think of what I was gonna say to the questions. I felt very sick. The questions were like how I think and take PR-wise actions at some situations. When it was over, I reckoned my tutors (Simon Goldsworthy and Trish Evans) were very nice people to talk. Oh and I had very nice sushi in London after the interview hahaha lol

Then I successfully (?) accomplished the missions so now I'm studying PR at University of Westminster. I hope these information would help you to be my junior! :)

See ya xx

No comments:

Post a Comment